Good and beautiful day to everyone! I am experiencing a problem that I don't know how to solve...so... I run sketchup make 2016. I am designing boats and then I want to export the model to .x file so that I can use it in a ship simulator called virtual sailor. After an extended and exhausting search for a proper plugin, I found one that I used to work with some years ago when I was doing this again. Its called 3dradexporter. So, when I try to export the model as directx down below in the sketchup, comes up a line that says "analysing model" and starts counting...it makes a really fast counting to 138-200 entities and then...freezes...nothing happens... 1)I have tried to scale my model smaller but I have seen that entities remain the same. 2) I tried to put another plugin but it's results are awful 3) I exported as a 3ds in perfect speed and then imported it in blender and the model was ok and exporting to directx works but blender doesn't get the textured of the model (png,jpg etc.) 4) back in 2012 when I was doing the same thing, the exports where successful -again with 3dradexporter- 5) I saved the model as a sketchup 8 model then tried to do the same thing fRom SU8 and again ...frozen... 6) could someone give light in my life? Haha..so frustrating...
What your describing here sounds like your Model has a very high poly count and is just taking a while to export. This can happen when your system specs are quite low and your computer needs a little time to process. Try again but wait for about 10 - 15 minutes. If it still crashes then come back and we can talk about another resolution.
What are your system specs do you know?
Feb 7, 2017 21:36:22 GMT
"I'm a programmer... my only weapon is C.. and it's Sharp!" (Words by GH Games)
Thanks for your reply! I did the extract for like 10 times leaving in for an hour but nothing happened...the most "successful" was when it reached "analysing model 585 entities"...I used also a plugin called cleanup which is supposed to clean the model but again ...nothing..I think someone should get his hands on it someone more expert...! Pc specs: Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 graphicsv1.8p THx Installed memory: 6.00 gb (4.94 usable) System type: 64 bit Extra: I made for test simple models and the plugin works perfectly... Extra 2: the model has aprox 15.000 entities...
It sounds like it might just be the size of the model, 15000 entities is a lot.
If your exporting for animation then my advice is to split up your model into 4 parts (or however many works) and then reassemble them once in your animation program. Try splitting up your model and let us know how it goes.
As far as I know Sketchup can't import .x files but I'm sure there will be a plugin somewhere. You could always export as a sketchup supported import format like .dae and import the models to sketchup.
groups are also entities, so explode nearly all of them too, but each entity also has x amount of faces so seems to me its too high poly as well.
---------- edit: you likely have groups within groups, so will have to explode the outer ones 1st to explode inner ones, with 15000, it will take ages to do this, then you will understand why the rad exporter takes so long, as that's basically what you are asking it to do.