kulu, I liked that "Backup Plan"... I want to grow up and work in Adobe, Microsoft, Infosys, Google, etc... But seeing Trump, driving everyone except Americans out, my mom says that I can use IT as backup and take up something else as my main course... If you lose that main course, use IT, I think that's better... And when I grow up, I'm planning to support Blender foundation too...
Apr 7, 2017 14:17:54 GMT
Winners are not found in the so-called 'Winners' circle'. -Blades Graphics-
Hello again! while I'm still here, I'd like to show the new main menu. (Still a work in progress.)
Right now you can do two things. Create Server, and Join Server.
Create Server This is where you obviously host your own small server. It works like many quick servers. Set it up, and start playing the game. Once everyone leaves the server, it will shut down. It requires a network port, and your IP address. Other things are setting a password, and Max Players.
Join Server This is an obvious one as well. As you can see from the image, you need the Server IP, Network Port, and a Password if required.
It works, but has some small issues. I'll fix them soon. Right now, it will let you spawn and run around. Once all the multiplayer stuff is fully complete, it will be better.
CURRENT ISSUES WITH THE LOBBIES (In order with an estimated difficulty to fix.)
- Servers aren't listed. You require the info to be entered into input boxes. ^ Minecraft has the same 'issue'. They did it as how the game works. If I can't add a server list, I'll add a "Save Server" setting. This will allow you to connect to a server that's info has been saved.
- If a host moves, it moves all clients. ^ It seems other people have had this issue before, so it may be fixable.
- If a client moves, other clients will play the same animation as them, but not move. ^ This is slightly linked with the first issue. Should require a similar fix.
- The lobby menu is made with the UNet Dedicated Server asset. When entering or starting a server, there is a disconnect button. The issue is, it requires a cursor. ^ When you enter, your cursor disappears and the mouse is locked onto the camera.
- You still can't change characters. You remain as Avery. ^ I just need to change the server manager settings and add prefabs for other characters. (I also need to add a character select.)
I was thinking of the character select being linked with the network players. Instead of having people just spawn in, the game will wait until everyone has selected the character they will play as. Each character will have a different Animator Controller, and scripts. (The same, but copy-pasted.) Right now, making characters work correctly online is being a hassle. I don't know why it is all of a sudden.
Hello, I'm here to spam updates for the millionth time! So a couple things changed with Terrorfall, and you might like it.
1. I switched back to Photon Unity Networking. Apparently UNet is a Peer2Peer Connection type ONLY of multiplayer. P2P is when a player hosts the server themself, and other players/clients internet is based on the host's connection. I do not like that. In fact I actually learned a bit more with Photon, (Photon also contains its own templates and code for multiplayer that can be easily edited.) So the game is not gonna go back to the crappy old style. I actually decided to try and figure out using photon with your own materials. (Right Now Terrorfall still runs on P2P connection, but I plan on adding dedicated servers later.)
2. Camera & Controls have been updated. So once again the game's camera and controls have been changed. I changed from that Resident Evil 4 Style of camera lock to a fully orbital camera. I actually have a video of this on Instagram. Also, I got a new 80's synth plugin for FL Studio, so I decided to add a little music. (Not scary, sounds like the beginning credits type of music.)
3. Voice Actors are being achieved! Right now I have 3 voice actors. One for Avery, One for a NEW CHARACTER named 'Nathan Gard', & One for either Martin, or the NEW CHARACTER named 'Officer Lennox' It has not been decided yet on which. (He's basically going to function similar to Tommy Jarvis in F13: The Game.)
4. New pretty scenery for the woods map has been made. Despite this area looking a bit plain, I assure there is more. I've made houses and cabins for the area, and there are phone lines across the map. (Right now I'm trying to fix the Tree LOD to improve the framerate. For me it runs at 40fps on Deadly quality. I need it to run 100fps. Deadly quality is going to be designed to work on computers like mine. My graphics card is from 2013, but manages to run high quality games on low settings.)
Terrorfall is something I really want to finish, but I can't make a multiplayer game on a $0 budget. The quality of the game, and the concepts are very high and detailed. Doing things myself, or getting free assets isn't going to do it anymore. I've started an Indiegogo campaign, in hopes of a croudfunding goal of $1500, and will be available to back for 2 months.
Please help Terrorfall by backing it, or sharing the indiegogo page.
Post by Power Supersport on May 25, 2017 20:16:48 GMT
Woah... You're getting serious here... $1500 aren't $15... As much as I would really like to see you achieving this goal, unfortunately the estimate cash you're probably gonna get from here is way below your expectations... It's just physically impossible at this moment... One thing that I don't like about the site (Indiegogo) is that I can't donate via PayPal, which is a bit of an inconvenience...
But that out of the way... I am not bathing in money... And it's hard for me to make the decision of should I support the project or not... Maybe a small stable release that is actually playable would convince me more... I am sure that would be the case for most people here...
Otherwise, I respect your brave decision to actually start such funding campaign...
I obviously know that I cannot instantly gain $1500 on indiegogo, that's why I've been advertising lately on other sites. Tbh $1500 is pretty small compared to what other games need.
I understand you, however sharing the indiegogo page would help me much. And a playable demo isn't likely to come. I actually do need money for fully custom multiplayer. I need a majority of the money to have the game run online without issues.
Starting a croudfunding campaign was a hard decision. I don't think the game has enough content to gain money, but I need money to create content.
Post by Red Moon Entertainment on May 27, 2017 12:40:36 GMT
I think you have all the time you need to collect money, even $1500 it's a hard amount to reach. There's people who's willing to spend money for a good product. If you have something good to sell (and you indeed do) you'll find (maybe slowly) someone donating. I think it's a realistic project. So, good luck ;-)
With what happened with Friday the 13th: The Game, I still think I have a chance to get people interested.
Have you guys heard what happened to F13? The server's broke. They've been breaking all the time. And it turns out the game is extremely unbalanced.
EDIT: I might actually add a flashlight into Terrorfall, lighting has been a pain in the butt for a while. (Right now I'm working on house models and trees. I should be able to add a flashlight quickly.)
still 0 usd backed, well this is the problem with backing
-try advertising as much as you can, contact video game sites, and man damn your game is really popular on indie db -try releasing a demo of some sort, trust me this helps -make some hype about the game, release screenshots and stuff all the time -interact on social media sites -improve backing awards like 1$ backer feels kind of cheated
It's only been about 3 days since I've launched the indiegogo. Obviously it's not going to be backed yet.
- What do you think I've been doing? I haven't been working on the game a whole lot. (Yea I obviously need money to get the multiplayer fully functional.) - No. 1st off: I can't make an alpha demo of the game if the multiplayer doesn't even work. 2nd off: I'm not doing anything like the F13 Virtual Cabin. - WHAT DO YOU THINK I DO ON INSTAGRAM? - I have a twitter, instagram, facebook, website, indiedb, and linkedin. - What is a broke 15 year old supposed to give people for $1? Terrorfall is $5, that's why the preorder is $10.
Again, It has only been 3 days. I have 2 months left. That is plenty of time.
Post by Power Supersport on May 29, 2017 14:54:25 GMT
If I was not convinced to donate $1, nobody would be... You can still offer nothing, but at least describe it in a way that people would want to donate... Because constantly calling yourself a 15 year old broke child is not going to make anyone spend their money on a project they aren't even sure it's going to take off...
Since you don't have any prior experience with crowdfunding I am even wondering why you set your goal at such high level? Trust me, $100 would sound much more believable and possible than $1500... And when you see that the $100 campaign takes off well, you can make another one later...
The perks... Give credits even for $1, like why not? That's the least you can do... Maybe add a $5 one and give early access... And maybe for $10 make an exclusive DLC... Just think about it a bit more... Because when cash is involved, the world is much different...