Hi. whenever my animations in 3d rad dont work . I make sure that in 3d max the following is correct and checked.
1. the models rig must be correct, there musnt be a vertex in the model that isnt influenced by a bone.
2. the models rig must not be rigged with helpers, must be rigged with bones.
3. the model and its bones must be grouped together. then that group must be open. then select the model, its bones, and the open group , and export that selection of objects ( bones , mesh and open group )
4. when exporting the model , the correct animations must be specified in the .x exporter.
5. if your bones system has helpers automatically , like in 3ds max, just hide the helpers . do not export the model with the helpers selected.
thats my check list , when working form 3ds max to 3d rad.